Station Headquarters, Dhaka
Station Headquarters Dhaka is one of the oldest establishments of Bangladesh Army. This pioneer life line establishment came into existence in the year 1948. After the glorious victory in the great War of Liberation of Bangladesh in 1971, this pivotal establishment started functioning on 31 December 1971 under the able and visionary leadership of Col S M Reza as first officiating Station Commander.
Station Headquarters, Dhaka is basically a service providing organization. The services it provides for the serving and retired Defence officers as well as the civilians are:
- Arranging accommodation for all ranks.
- Looking after Cantonment board affairs including land administration.
- Supervising shops and markets in and around cantonment area.
- Maintaining smooth function of schools and colleges inside cantonment.
- Looking after the matters related to Banani, Mohakhali, Baridhara and Mirpur DOHS.
- Issuing sticker for civil vehicles.
- Monitoring and supervising the public bus services inside cantonment area.
- Monitoring and supervising BTS, cable TV and internet services of cantonment and DOHS area.
- Supervising multifarious utility services of cantonment area.
- Arranging timely sy clearance for civilians/foreigners entering into Dhaka Cantonment.
- Maintaining and retaining the beautification of cantonment area.
- Arranging funerals and burials of deceased Armed Forces officers and their close relatives etc.
Station Headquarters, Dhaka works round the clock to provide services to the inhabitants of Dhaka Cantonment as well as the retired officers from all over the country. The core motivation of this Headquarter is to work relentlessly and pragmatically to satisfy its valued clients.